[Grok-dev] Re: Are you interested in GrokWiki improvements?

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon May 28 09:34:05 EDT 2007

Hi there, Steve,

Glad to see you on the list!

I think it's really awesome you've added so many features to Grokwiki.
You turned it from a demo app to a wiki that is actually useful!

I'd suggest we do the following - we keep Grokwiki inside Grok what it
is (at least mostly). We want a very simple sample application that is
easy to maintain for the Grok core developers.

We take your improved Grokwiki and place it somewhere in SVN and point
people to it. The more Grok code examples, the better! If you have
access to svn.zope.org (or are willing to get it), I'd suggest we place
it there. If you don't want to do this, let us know this too, so we can
talk through alternative solutions to getting this code visible.

Since we might end up with two Grokwikis, we should change the name of
one or the other to avoid confusing people too much. Any ideas? I kind
of like the name 'Grokwiki' for the extended version, and perhaps we can
rename the Grokwiki in the core to something like 'GrokDemoWiki' (and
put a pointer to the full-blown project in there).