[Grok-dev] Re: Alternative look for grok.zope.org

Sebastian Ware sebastian at urbantalk.se
Mon May 28 10:04:05 EDT 2007

I will do some more work on this one then. :)

I am getting some great feedback. Thanks everybody. I hope nobody is
feeling left out. Design by committee is dangerous stuff, but I hope
we will be able to pull it off! :)

Just so everybody knows, I will be conservative with colour. Colour
sounds like fun, but requires a lot of time and effort to keep it
from looking cheap. It also strains the eyes and confuses the brain
when trying to focus on the "important" bits. In this case the actual
content... but I have taken note :)

I would also humbly like to propose a slightly more modern rendering
of Grok-the-caveman. would this be acceptable? And how important is
it that the caveman resembles Martijn?

The reason I propose a change is that the current version (a very
nice illustration) isn't very production friendly.

It will be a couple of days until I can have this next version of the
website finished so I hope you won't get too impatient. :)

Regards Sebastian