[Grok-dev] Re: branches review before 0.11 release

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 18:19:06 EST 2007

On 11/5/07, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
> > 3. As a port of the refactoring, I merged PageTemplate and
> > PageTemplateFile, as the simplified story suggests. There however
> > still a PageTemplateFile for BBB purposes. Should we keep it so, or
> > deprecate it?
>
> I do't understand this question. What do you mean by 'a port of the
> refactoring'?

I mean to say "part"... Basically, the PageTemplateFile is now just a
thin wrapper wount the PageTemplate, and not neeed. The question is if
we should deprecate it or not.

> > Oh, and I also realized during this work that we can add simple
> > support for automatic refreshing to the GrokTemplate class, so that
> > you in your render method can just do self.refresh() first, and it
> > will check for debug-state and file timestamp and reload the template,
> > if desired. That would be pretty cool, should we implement that?
>
> Sure, though let's leave that until after 0.11?

Absolutely.

> I assume that at least
> PageTemplates do right now still support automatic refresh still as they
> do right in Zope 3 and Grok? That's the only absolute requirement.

Yes, becuase the PageTemplates themselves handle that. I think I saw
tests for it in Grok even...

http://www.colliberty.com/
+33 661 58 14 64