[Grok-dev] branches review before 0.11 release

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 02:50:11 EST 2007

On 11/6/07, Brandon Craig Rhodes <brandon at rhodesmill.org> wrote:
> > 3. There ... still a PageTemplateFile for BBB purposes. Should we
> > keep it so, or deprecate it?
>
> If it's not needed, I would destroy it.

Well, we should at least keep it for 0.11, but with a deprecation.

> My three last thoughts before a merge tomorrow (or, wow, today!):
>
>  - Can we rename "fromTemplate" to "fromString"? The name
>    "fromTemplate" is misleading since a template is what both
>    "fromTemplate" and "fromFile" *return*, not what they *accept* as
>    arguments.

Well, it's a question of what is meant with "template". :-)
I didn't use fromString because it takes both string and unicode, but
that now seems like a stupid reason, I don't know what I was thinking.
I'll rename it.

>   They accept a string and a file; they each return a
>    template.  (Ack!  I now see there is also a getTemplate() method,
>    that is *not* the opposite of fromTemplate()!

Good point.

>  - Can we rename "fromFile" to "fromPath" or something?  The name
>    "fromFile" in Python, by convention, should mean an actual file()
>    object, not merely the name of a file.

Hmm. I guess.

>      def fromTemplate(self, template):
>          _template = MyTemplate(template)

In that case I'd rather call the methods something else than
"fromString" and "fromPath", because to me that implies that you get
something from something.
loadPath and loadString?

http://www.colliberty.com/
+33 661 58 14 64