[Grok-dev] Re: issueing a warning, not an error when template files are not associated

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Wed Nov 14 06:28:27 EST 2007

On 14 Nov 2007, at 12:14 , Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
>>> So, another question: is it possible to raise the GrokError (or
>>> the afformentiond UserWarning) about unassociated templates after
>>> the grokkking process for a package is completed?
>> Perhaps. We'd have to introduce a new type of grokker, though. And
>> we'll have to introduce a template registry registry (sic!) so that
>> two modules can share the same template registry.
>
> Yeah, this feature is a little more involved indeed. I'm not sure
> how to implement it actually. What do you mean with a new type of
> grokker?

Well, we'd need a type of grokker that becomes active after all
grokking has been done, not just after each module has been grokked.
And, as said before, we'd need a template registry registry so that
not only this grokker has access to the all template registries, but
also so that modules can actually share template registries.

Hmm, perhaps there's a simpler way. Like, for instance, just one
global template registry that can keep track multiple directories...