[Grok-dev] grok feature list
faassen at startifact.com
Thu Nov 15 18:14:09 EST 2007
I think it would be good if we published a list of Grok features to
grok.zope.org. It also gives us a good opportunity to find things to
write blog article about. So, here is a start:
* auto-escaping in templates to guard against XSS attacks. :)
* the ZODB, store plain Python objects.
* ZEO: transparent scale the ZODB over multiple machines into a cluster.
* catalog: index Python objects in various ways (field index, set index,
fulltext index) and find them again efficiently.
* flexible object publishing: modify the way objects are published by
* powerful, battle-tested template language built-in: ZPT
* extensible with other template languages (how's that megrok.genshi
release coming along anyway, Lennart? :)
* at home in the egg-based world.
* XMLRPC support.
* JSON support.
* REST support.
* great extensibility and pluggability story thanks to the component
* lively community
* caveman with a big club
More information about the Grok-dev