[Grok-dev] Re: Admin UI name change suggestion

TIm Terlegård tim.terlegard at valentinewebsystems.se
Fri Oct 5 05:26:39 EDT 2007

On Oct 5, 2007, at 10:18 AM, Luciano Ramalho wrote:
> On 10/4/07, Wichert Akkerman <wichert at wiggy.net> wrote:
>> I suspect the majority of sites will run a single grok app per
>> instance.
>
> I am not so sure about that, Wichert. In fact, I think one of the
> advantages of the current way of doing things is encouraging the
> development of sites as a collection of small apps, each with their
> own lifecycles, a not as one huge monolithic app which has to be
> upgraded all at once.

I get confused by the definition "app" and grok.Application. What are
they
exactly? And is a "grok app" synonymous with grok.Application?

To me an application is a fat client written with Qt, Cocoa or
whatever. In
the web and grok world I guess an app is the actual site (not the zope3
term site)? Or is a site composed of a number of apps? I would guess
grok.Application is the actual site root. It sounds like Luciano thinks
something else. Could someone explain this a bit?

/Tim