[Grok-dev] Re: an application installation script?

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri Oct 5 06:15:00 EDT 2007

Sebastian Ware wrote:
> The way I see it, having to add the application through a web UI is
> contrary to the idea of filesystem based development.

That's a good point. I agree with the use case that we shouldn't
*require* the UI step.

[snip]
> I would also like a new command "rundevzope" that I could use during
> development (with development settings turned on), whereas "runzope"
> (through "zopectl") is for deployment. Then rundevzope could run the
> application as root if nothing else is specified.

It would be nice if there were two ways to start up the process:

* one that has the UI there

* one that starts up the bare bones deployment ready story

Having these two ways there by default makes it easy to switch without
having to think too much.