[Grok-dev] Re: Admin UI name change suggestion

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri Oct 5 07:24:15 EDT 2007

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
[snip]
> grok.Application is a bit of a confusing itself, I think. Especially
> when we allow WSGI, we'll have a "WSGI app" which is distinctly
> something different from the "grok.Application". The "WSGI app" is more
> like what you consider an application above: something that you run.

That's an interesting point. We have two levels here that are crossing
over and confusing people:

* starting applications in your OS. Of course in some cases someone
*else* might be running the server in which case you won't have to do this.

* web applications. In many cases someone else is running the web
application for you so you don't see these either, except as URL.

Basically we have "applications in an application". We could call the
outer application "application server" to avoid this confusion. An
application server can run one or more grok.Applications.

I'm not sure how WSGI app fits in this. Could you elaborate?