[Grok-dev] Re: Template pluggability and megrok.genshi finished.

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 08:02:50 EDT 2007

On 10/6/07, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
> * the unwieldy, strictly controlled version where nothing is in the
> namespace except exactly what people pass in from their view. As far as
> I understand it, we have the infrastructure to build this now.
>
> * the "wieldy" one, where we *definitely* should pass in the 'path'
> function (as known from ZPT) into the Genshi template.
>
> Since we're working on the "wieldy" version first, I think we *should*
> pass in 'path' (and call it that way).

Well, I've slept on it, and since Genshi is all about having
unrestricted power and full access t python and other things, I see no
need for a restricted version, even though that was what people
recommended here before.

I mean, it's unrestricted python. You can anyway probably do something like

<?python from zope.app.traversing import traverse ?>

So why make it easy for people to shoot themselves in the foot in
every way possible except by easy traversal? :-) I'm all for a path
method in Genshi.

http://www.colliberty.com/
+33 661 58 14 64