[Grok-dev] Tacking zodb.zope.org after grok.zope.org

Fernando Correa Neto fcdoth at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 15:27:48 EDT 2007

Hello everyone.

This is an old story that started back in March of this year [1].

Since last week some guys has been sprinting and one of the topics was
getting grok.zope.org on Plone3, I believe we can benefit from this
and move on with the zodb.zope.org.
IMHO both Amin and Sebastian can produce very high quality graphics
and keep it consistent.
Having a skin for grok in Plone3 will be very cool because we can
create a new one to zodb.zope.org by just creating new graphics and
styles for this.

I also found some ZODB docs that can be used to start with the content
[2] and we can bug some guys like Jim Fulton, Chris McDonough and some
of us off course to write some more content or example code regarding
object persistence with transaction support etc. IOW, things that SQL
guys would ask up front.
Most of us knows that ZODB has been around for about 10 years but the
whole world doesn't. So having something regarding that in the home of
the site would be wonderful.
We need to show the "been there, done that" thing.
Other cool stuff would be getting some biz guys to write some
testimonials about it. I don't know much of them but we need to try it
because it inspire confidence.

Having grok.zope.org running on top of Plone will get zodb.zope.org up
and running really fast and we can start linking it in zope.org
itself, plone.org, infrae.com and some other places to get higher page
ranks than....Couchdb for example.

I believe that having grok on Plone 3 was a wise decision and now we
can benefit from it.
I am all for doing this and I hope you guys agree with me on that.

Regards,
Fernando

[1] http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/grok-dev/2007-March/000473.html
[2] http://wiki.zope.org/ZODB/guide/zodb.html