[Grok-dev] Re: Admin UI name change suggestion
faassen at startifact.com
Tue Oct 9 10:31:16 EDT 2007
Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Martijn Faassen wrote:
>> Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
>>>> It's more work to figure out everything else. Lack of a UI will make
>>>> life harder to get started.
>>> Assuming people want this UI.
>> That's more an advanced deployment issue. I'm assuming beginners will be
>> helped by a UI.
> Can you explain why? Everyone I talk to expect that 'the UI' will be the
> application, since that is what they are building or deploying.
Because a UI helps a beginner to immediately find out how:
* to remove the application from the object database
* how to add additional applications
* how to browse the objects and see what modules implement them
* that their application object is broken (a big beginner mystery, that)
* how to get to the server info, etc
Anyway, it might not be a big deal, but GUIs have their places.
More information about the Grok-dev