[Grok-dev] branches review

Kevin Smith kevin at mcweekly.com
Mon Oct 15 13:26:19 EDT 2007

Hi Martijn,

> ksmith-mcweekly-boundpagetemplate - Kevin Smith
>
> Kevin, what is all this about? I know you explained it before, but we
> need a refresher. :)

I don't think I ever got around to sending a proposal out on this one.
This implementation gets rid of the need for _render_template by
allowing the page template to be responsible for creating it's own
namepace. It works like z3c.template. The bottom line is multiple
templates can be plugged into a view class and call each other. I'm
pretty sure though this has been superseded by the strong push for
"push" templates.

> ksmith_mcweekly-groklets  - Kevin Smith
> ---------------------------------------
>
> Groklets, a simplified approach to viewlets with Grok.
>
> I think this branch deserves a small design document by Kevin. How
> does this diverge from "standard" viewlets? Is it compatible? How
> would one typically use these? Kevin, could you start a thread on this
> topic?

Will do.

> ksmith-mcweekly-layers - Kevin Smith
>
> I think this one got merged, so Kevin, can you remove this branch?

yup

> ksmith-mcweekly-viewlets - Kevin Smith
>
> An earlier approach to viewlets in Grok. Presumably this is superseded
> by the groklets branch. Is this still needed for reference? If not,
> can you remove it, Kevin?
will do