[Grok-dev] ZMI 'light' feature requests
uli at gnufix.de
Tue Oct 16 10:44:10 EDT 2007
what features would you like to see in the grok UI, if the standard ZMI
would not be available anymore? This is not a promise, that all this
will be implemented next week, but a collection of ideas to start the
Some features, that come to my mind:
- Tree-like object browser for the ZODB (including listing of vies,
registrations, contexts and non-grok objects etc.).
- User-management for the default users.
- Registration/Unregistration of utilities.
- Error logging
- Catalog/index management
- Metadata editor
- I18n management (editing of translations etc.)
- Search tool
- Layout/skins/viewlet manager
- Embedded debugger.
- Generations manager.
Some of this features might be complete nonsense for a UI, many might be
missing. So, please tell everybody!
More information about the Grok-dev