[Grok-dev] Using the grok/trunk in my project

Fernando Correa Neto fcdoth at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 09:39:56 EDT 2007

Hey,

On 10/18/07, Uli Fouquet <uli at gnufix.de> wrote:

> If you want to have 'your own' grok with your project (i.e.: use a local
> copy of grok instead of the released package fetched by buildout), you
> can put the sources in a separate directory `grok` in your project root
> and declare this directory as a `develop` package in the [buildout]
> section of your buildout config (see the second line)::
>
>    [buildout]
>    develop = . grok
>    parts = myproject data zopectl test
>    find-links = http://download.zope.org/distribution/
>    newest = false
>    versions = versions

This is the right approach for using different or customized python
packages. By just checking out trunk inside your project and modifying
the develop line of buildout.cfg.
The way I suggested in my previous post is totally disencouraged and I
think you better stick with Uli correct and standardized way of doing
things.

Regards,
Fernando