[Grok-dev] Re: Using the grok/trunk in my project

Uli Fouquet uli at gnufix.de
Thu Oct 18 10:57:47 EDT 2007

Hi Christian,

Christian Klinger wrote:
> Uli Fouquet schrieb:
> >
> > What exactly do you mean by 'use the grok trunk in my project'? Could
> > you elaborate a bit on your use case?
>
> I want for my test sandbox always the newest grok.

Ah, okay, good reason to use the trunk :-)

In this case (where you don't want to make changes to the grok code),
the following might work without extra checkouts in your projectdir:

Give buildout.cfg an additional source, where it can find the trunk and
require a development version of grok. Note the additional `find-links`
entry and the additional versions section::

   [buildout]
   develop = .
   parts = app data zopectl i18n test
   find-links = http://download.zope.org/distribution/
                svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/grok/trunk#egg=grok-dev

   [versions]
   grok = 0.11dev

This worked for me and fetched the current trunk as a development egg.
Other instances/projects were not touched by this IIRC.

Don't know, however, whether it is a legal approach. Also `grok = dev`
in the `versions` section worked here, with some warning messages I
ignored.

> This looks good for me.
> Thanks for your help!

The credits go to Philipp! He posted this approach about one week ago
here on the list ;-)

Hope that helps,

--
Uli