[Grok-dev] Re: tests for pluggable templates?

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri Oct 26 10:23:51 EDT 2007

Brandon Craig Rhodes wrote:
> "Lennart Regebro" <regebro at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On 10/26/07, Brandon Craig Rhodes <brandon at rhodesmill.org> wrote:
>>> What about tests for the add-your-own template process?  ...
>> Yeah, I was thinking about converting that tutorial to a doc test for
>> that purpose, but I haven't had time.
>
> I'll try doing it as ftests tomorrow, if that's all right.  We'll get
> to see if I can follow the mini-tutorial correctly. :-)

Great! It'd be really nice to see some more tests.

My suggestion would be that after these tests are added (and they work),
and minor fixes have been implemented, we merge. I don't think we should
do larger design changes right now unless we really run into a huge snag.

Instead, we may do these after we have gained more experience with
plugging in different templating languages and it's more clear what's
really needed. Of course hopefully we're already done. :)