[Grok-dev] Re: broken buildout run leaves grokproject in non-usable state

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Mon Sep 3 06:40:28 EDT 2007

Jan Ulrich Hasecke wrote:
> Refering to my thread about installing zc.sourcefactory I just want to
> add that a broken buildout run inside of a grokproject leaves the
> instance in a non-usable state.
>
> For example zopectl is erased in the beginning but to reinstalled.
>
> The error which broke my buildout run is:
>
> Error: There is a version conflict.
> We already have: ZODB3 3.9.0-dev-r77011
> but grok 0.10 requires 'ZODB3==3.8.0b2'.

Both Wichert and I gave you pointers how to fix this: add a version
section in your buildout.cfg and refer to it from the [buildout] section
via versions = ...

This whole discussion really does mean that we need to tackle the whole
"known working set" discussion rather sooner than later. I'll bring it
up on zope3-dev.