[Grok-dev] Grok and database generations

Sebastian Ware sebastian at urbantalk.se
Tue Sep 4 10:40:35 EDT 2007

I have been looking at the zope.app.generations package. For those
who don't know about it, generations keeps track on your objects. The
generations schema manager allows you to execute an evolve method in
order to update objects to a required level of functionality. To
determine which objects to update ituses a counter.

However, my most usual use case is that I have added some new default
values to the __init__ method of a class and I want to update all the
objects of that class to reflect this change. But I want to do this
without having to write any extra code. I just want to sync my
objects...

Is there any simple and smart way I could do this?

If not, would this not be an excellent feature to add to Grok?

Mvh Sebastian