[Grok-dev] Re: Grok and database generations

Sebastian Ware sebastian at urbantalk.se
Wed Sep 5 03:12:19 EDT 2007

Ok. I understand there are some pitfalls here. I have opted to add a
"update_schema" method to my objects...

       def update_schema(self):
           try:
               if self.render_type is None:
                   self.render_type = 'table'
           except:
               self.render_type = 'table'

...and then a "sync" view to my application...

   class Sync(grok.View):
       grok.context(ProtonCMS)

       def update(self):
           theQuery = query.NotEq(('workflow_catalog',
'object_type'), '')
           res = Query().searchResults(theQuery)
           for obj in res:
               obj.update_schema()
           return

       def render(self):
           print 'Sync done!'

This solves my problem with the least amount of extra code (I
believe...).

Mvh Sebastian