[Grok-dev] maintaining the Grok website

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri Sep 14 12:00:03 EDT 2007

Hi there,

We have some trouble maintaining the grok website in the current
structure. Tutorials that appear on the list don't make it onto the
site. While the current approach served us well to get things up and
running quickly, I think we need to investigate how to reduce the
bottlenecks.

There are a number of possible solutions:

* we continue with the current approach for a while, but we appoint a
broader group of active volunteers that I can ask to publish something
online. (I'd be happy if I had help too in making sure tutorials aren't
lost forever :)

* we start using the wiki in a major way. This means we need to put in
clear links in the current website and then move our smaller tutorials
onto it. We need a group of active wiki gardeners to make sure it
remains up to date and to clear up any messes.

* we explore the use of a CMS. I know Sebastian is building one with
Grok. Darryl has one too. Then we probably have enough people on board
with knowledge of two Zope 2 CMSes: Plone and Silva, so those are
options too. The latter options are attractive as they're more
feature-rich than the Grok-based ones.

What do people think? What's more, which option we pick will be much
influenced by who volunteers to do the actual work in setting it up, so
who is volunteering?