[Grok-dev] Neanderthal sprint topics

Leonardo Rochael Almeida leorochael at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 14:13:21 EDT 2007

Another sugestion: Integration with Storm:

https://storm.canonical.com/

The usage pattern of Storm is very ligthweight (grokish you could
say), and it has a zodb TM already integrated.

I can think of two straigthforward integration aspects

 * A folderish type that implements the containment API by putting and
fetching objects from Storm

* An AutoFields variant that scans a model class for Storm fields
instead of zope schema fields, or alternatively, a grok declaration
that sets Storm class attributes on a model based on the fields of a
zope schema.

In time, a class for Storm stored instances doesn't need any special
base classes or metaclasses. All it needs are class attributes from
Storm which declare that these attributes in the instance will be
stored in the relational DB and what their types are, so I think we
can freely use Grok model classes for them. Check the tutorial:

https://storm.canonical.com/Tutorial

The artifact of such a sprint might as well be merely documentation on
using Grok with Storm instead of actual Storm support in grok.