[Grok-dev] Neanderthal sprint topics

Leonardo Rochael Almeida leorochael at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 15:27:01 EDT 2007

On 9/28/07, Brandon Craig Rhodes <brandon at rhodesmill.org> wrote:
> "Leonardo Rochael Almeida" <leorochael at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Another sugestion: Integration with Storm:
> > https://storm.canonical.com/
> >
> > The usage pattern of Storm is very ligthweight (grokish you could
> > say), and it has a zodb TM already integrated. ... [...]
>
> In my project that's using SQLAlchemy with Grok, the big question
> turns out to be neither schemas (...), nor navigation (...).
>
> The big issue, instead, is getting Zope to commit the open database
> transaction when a request finishes being processed.  Fortunately
> there is for SQLAlchemy a product named "z3c.zalchemy" that did this
> for me, so I did not have to write any code.  Maybe your sprint could
> focus first on producing a "z3c.zstorm" that does the same thing,
> borrowing from the zalchemy code?  I think that's more fundamental a
> thing to get working than the other.

Fortunately, storm was developed from the get go with zope3
compatibility in mind, since most web products comming from Canonical
are based on zope3 technologies. Specifically, there is a "storm.zope"
package that, as I mentioned, implements the ZODB Transaction Manager
API for grok.

> Good luck!  I wish I were attending.

Me too, actually :-)

Cheers, Leo