[Grok-dev] updated list of Neanderthal sprint topics
faassen at startifact.com
Sun Sep 30 04:01:40 EDT 2007
This is an updated list of sprint topics, adding in other proposed ones
from the earlier thread. Thanks everybody for commenting!
The sprint topics
* The Grok website. Let's get a Plone skin going with Sebastian's
skin in there. Then let's start organizing content. (large topic,
but could be split into multiple smaller ones)
* Continue the work on making it easier to write (f)tests for
applications written *with* Grok. See also:
* Associating additional info to events (probably more of an Zope-3
issue initially). See also:
* Reference documentation. Publishing this online would be good.
* ZCML configuration actions for grok. Currently grok does CA
registrations immediately. We should change this so grok generates
zope.configuration actions so that it works better with ZCML.
* KSS for Grok. Godefroid will be there for at least the first half of
the sprint I heard, so I hope we'll get some KSS integration work
done. Having this would make me really excited, as there's all sorts
of cool things we can do with KSS. Besides integration code, I hope
this can also result in some form of tutorial.
* Viewlets in Grok. Some work was already done on this. Let's step back
and see how we can make this look natural with Grok. Investigate
* Theming hook for Grok. I know JW and Lennart need to talk on this.
* Improving the Admin UI. The Admin UI is now there and looking good.
Now that we start using it, there are a ton of ideas on how to improve
it, let's get some of them done.
* Supporting 'pinning versions' in Grok. We should make a good list of
versions of Grok dependencies, and publish a list on some URL that
buildout can then reuse. grokproject needs some adjustments too
to support this.
* Grok and WSGI. Philipp, who unfortunately won't be there, has done
quite a bit of work on Zope 3/Grok and WSGI. We could investigate this
work, experiment with some WSGI middleware, and devise a plan to
get this integrated into Grok. There's a branch of
grokproject, and zopeproject has more recent work.
* Grok release planning. It would be good to sit together and discuss
the planning of the next release(s).
* Security; make the Grok security "policy" optional/configurable.
Partially related to this:
This could be looking into supporting model-level security. JW also
wants to consider the option to be able to switch from "views
are public by default" to "views are closed by default".
* Security and the catalog
An interesting security feature would be to port the catalog magic
that CMF does to the Zope 3 catalog, as discussed recently on this
* z3c.formlib integration
* skinning/theming. I'd be interesting to investigate WSGI and
Deliverance in this area too.
* Hooking Genshi into Grok. See Philipp's note. Test
various use cases (static content, macros, viewlets, etc, etc) with
Genshi, and see how it could work together with ZPT.
* Relational/Object mapper integration (SQLAlchemy, Storm, etc).
Integration between Zope 3 schema and ORM.
Take a look here:
* Look at Brandon's "Trails" work.
* Uli's work on the i18n branch, getting it reviewed and merged.
* Review, extend and merge the REST branch I did.
More information about the Grok-dev