[Grok-dev] Re: updated list of Neanderthal sprint topics

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Sun Sep 30 12:30:17 EDT 2007

Hey,

I'm now in Germany in the hotel! I thought of another sprint topic: Grok
startup time.

It'd be quite interesting to see what we can do to increase startup time
of Grok. Jim has made a package available called zc.configure that can
be used to exclude ZCML from being loaded. This can, according to Jim,
be used to cut startup time (and also test setup time) significantly.

This is quite interesting - I'd really love it if Grok could start up a
lot faster than it does now. There's also likely a lot of ZCML we can
cut out (anything doing the ZMI for starters!).