[Grok-dev] Re: [Gsoc] Proposal: Flint, a simple Grok-based CMS

Malthe Borch mborch at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 07:18:20 EDT 2008

Tim Terlegård wrote:
> Then the Vudo[1] project started. It also wants to be a simple cms and it's
> had some progress, so I thought it might make more sense to join that
> project.

We're regrouping at the moment, evaluating the past months of
development and ideas. If all goes to plan, we'll make a sprint effort
quite soon.

I want to consider splitting out some parts of the original idea into
subprojects, too. This is a good way to spread risk and encourage
cross-platform contribution.

> Vudo uses grok, but I don't think it's grok all the way, so it may make
> some sense to have another pure grok (no zcml) cms that works as an
> example app.

I think we found that we weren't mature enough to seriously use Grok all
the way. There's a learning curve that needs climbing.

\malthe