[Grok-dev] Re: Recipe for "egg-like" reuse?

Sebastian Ware sebastian at urbantalk.se
Wed Apr 9 04:40:25 EDT 2008

9 apr 2008 kl. 09.42 skrev Sebastian Ware:
> Actually the base functionality that I wanted to reuse is
> implemented in AddApp. In other words, I did a "grokproject
> MasterApp" and then manually copied AddApp.
>
> Is there any way I can double check that AddApp has been grokked? I
> was thinking that this could be the problem. I am missing both my
> defined grok.View and grok.Permissions and they were all defined in
> app.py of AddApp.

Now I am pretty sure that I am having problems with the grokking
process. If I move my edit view from AddApp to MasterApp then it is
found by the publisher and all is well.

In other words views defined in MasterApp are working as expected, but
views defined in AddApp seem not to be registered. They are however
processed in some way since I will get an error if I choose a non-
existing class as grok.context().

Mvh Sebastian