[Grok-dev] extended the grok evaluation section

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Apr 17 15:20:28 EDT 2008

Hi there,

As several people requested (and Peter Bengtsson even blogged about:
http://www.peterbe.com/plog/what-i-like-and-dislike-about-grok), I've
integrated my reply to Jonathan Ellis into the grok.zope.org website.
Editing this text so it's ready for the web took quite a bit of time as
I have different standards for text on the website than I have for email
here, but it's there now.

You can find the new bits in the evaluation section, here:

http://grok.zope.org/about/hard-earned-wisdom-and-a-lot-of-building-blocks

http://grok.zope.org/about/components

http://grok.zope.org/about/component-architecture

http://grok.zope.org/about/competition

Volunteers can help! Especially the 'components' article could be
updated with a lot of hyperlinks to the components in question. Either
link to the cheeseshop page if that offers documentation, or lacking
that, for now directly link to the best doctests in svn.zope.org.

If you find problems with the text, please fix the typos and bad grammar
right away. If you have ideas on how to improve the content, let's
discuss it here.

Hopefully now Peter has nothing to dislike about Grok anymore. :)