[Grok-dev] Request, minor update in the Grok admin

Uli Fouquet uli at gnufix.de
Mon Apr 21 12:51:43 EDT 2008

Hi there,

Sebastian Ware wrote:
> I was just looking at the admin inspector UI to see if I could make
> some visual improvements,

Great!

>  however the lack of id attributes makes it a
> bit awkward. If it is possible it would be great if

> could be changed to something like

Yes, that's possible, but I can't say when I can change that.
Eventually, the introspector will get a complete rewrite shortly.

> and enclosing the names of attributes and containers in <div> rather
> than <span>
> It would make it a lot simpler to control the appearance from a css.

That's more difficult. Some 'span' entities such as package names etc.
are written one after another in a row to simulate a single string. So
in

   zope.app.pkgname

each name ('zope', 'app' and 'pkgname') should appear side by side and
not on top of each other. Usage of 'div' tags would break that.

I am not a web designer, so what's the problem with the span tags?

Kind regards,

--
Uli