[Grok-dev] Re: testsetup and grokdocs

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon Apr 28 11:33:39 EDT 2008

Hi there,

Uli Fouquet wrote:
[snip]

> I already buildt a testsetup-less branch based on a copy of tags/0.12.
> Should this branch be named 'branches/0.12'? What after all are those
> 0.10 and 0.11 branches in 'branches/'? What's their purpose and what's
> the difference to tags/0.10, tags/0.11 etc.? This might be a silly
> question but it's still a mystery to me :-)

Tags are supposed to be unchanged. We very rarely change things on tags;
in fact only just before release, and we're not supposed to change
what's in a tag after the release (I cheated a tiny by modifying
versions.cfg recently, but you should ignore that :).

Branches are there so we can continue to develop on the trunk while
still being able to do bugfix releases.

Branches are initially created from tags, when needed. You can change a
branch after the release, but typically only for the purpose of bugfixes.

Christian Theune created a 0.12 branch for you. Could you merge the
'testsetup-less' branch into that? (as this is what I understand should
be done).