[Grok-dev] Re: Bugfix releases, Was: Ported fixes for formlib code

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Wed Apr 30 02:29:58 EDT 2008

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
> Hi Christian, hi all,
>

> Christian Theune wrote:
>> I ported the fix I did on the 0.10 branch for formlib adapter lookup
>> (which is
>> copied code) to 0.11, 0.12 (created a maintenance branch there) and
>> the trunk.
>>
>> Someone who does release management could please create maintenance
>> releases
>> if appropriate?
>>
>> My personal interest is in 0.10 getting a maintenance release.
>
> When needed I could do bugfix releases for the various branches of Grok.
>
> I wonder though, whether it is still worthwhile releasing 0.10.x and
> 0.11.x bugfix releases?

Christian seems to want a 0.10.x release, so I think it makes sense to
release at least that one. I hope he pinned versions though. :)

 > As for 0.12.x, I know of one other "issue" besides the formlib adapter
 > lookup bug, which is the testsetup code that is to be removed (did I
 > understand that correctely?).

 > Does this warrant a quick bugfix release?

With 0.12, I don't think we're in a big hurry right now, but that might
change. Wouldn't hurt to do a bug fix release of course, but we're in
reasonable shape without it right now I'd think.