[Grok-dev] Re: What would a megrok.z3cform (and a Zope2/plone.z3cform equivalent) look like?

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Tue Aug 5 07:47:55 EDT 2008

Sylvain Viollon wrote:
> On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 23:34:59 +0100
> Martin Aspeli <optilude at gmx.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>

>   Hello,
>
>> I'm interested in support page forms, add forms and edit forms based
>> on z3c.form and plone.z3cform in Zope 2/CMF/Plone. I am not really
>> able to work on a "pure Grok" megrok.z3cform, mainly since I don't
>> have any Grok applications to test with or much experience with plain
>> Grok, but I think it'd be preferable if, at the very least, the same
>> patterns would be applied to plain Grok and Zope 2 use case and, if
>> possible, the two shared code.
>>

>   I worked on that yesterday and this morning. You can check:
>
>   http://svn.zope.org/plone.z3cform/branches/infrae-grok/
>
>   That's still an experiment, not a final implementation. As well, I
> made it in Silva, so I didn't try in Plone. But there is nothing of
> Silva specific, or Plone specific in what I wrote.

Thanks for this effort! I think it would be very cool, though, if we
could first have a clean, not-Zope2-infested port of z3c.form to Grok
:), in other words, if we had megrok.z3cform and then made it work in
Five (e.g. in five.grok + plone.z3cform).

I know that other people from the Grok world have wanted an official
port of z3c.form into Grok as well. Perhaps they and you can work
together on creating megrok.z3cform first. Then you would only have to
worry about the Zope 2 specific bits.