[Grok-dev] Re: What would a megrok.z3cform (and a Zope2/plone.z3cform equivalent) look like?

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Wed Aug 6 05:10:31 EDT 2008

Hi Sylvain,

>    I think megrok.z3cform would be nice,
>    So here like five.grok, we could make a five.grok.z3cform, if
> setuptools let us do so.

+1

I'm not sure how setuptools would react if we have a five.grok egg and a
five.grok.z3cform egg, though.

>    My experiences on plone.z3cform works quite well, so I could split
> it to these two packages, if you want. I don't have that much of code
> to make it working, but after I think we should implements some forms
> and see how we want them to be implemented.

+1 - let's get a package structure set up and then we can both work on it.

>    As well, we can reuse some utilities from grokcore.formlib, for
> instance when you to add automatically the attribute field on your form
> (like for form_fields in formlib), so do we want to have a dependency
> of megrok.z3cform to grokcore.formlib, or factor that out again ?
> (I think that's strange to have one support for a form library relying
> on the code of one other, people will use only one of them).

I'd prefer not to have a dependency on grokcore.formlib if that's
feasible. Rather push the shared functionality into grokcore.formutils
or something?

>    As well, I would like to fix five.grok, add the missing dependency,
> and add a simple formlib support it, I don't think here I need to make
> a separate package for it (since formlib is in grokcore for grok
> itself).

+1

Martin