[Grok-dev] Introducing Grok / KSS : feedback after 1 week

Sebastien Douche sdouche at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 22:18:06 EDT 2008

On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 02:49, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback! Feedback is always very welcome, and I'm very
> happy you are reporting on your experiences.

Your welcome ;)

>> - Learning visualization machinery is a rough time with z3c.form :
>> view, skin, layer, pagelet, widget, manager...
>
> Agreed. Grok itself doesn't force you to use viewlets or pagelets or
> skins or layers, but I take it z3c.form does?

It's a "requirement" for us. The UI is a major part of our
development. Because it's the "benefit" (business surplus ?) from the
user's point of view (the backend machinery is fundamental but hidden
for the users). Thus, we want the power of full UI stack.

> This is a bad bug that was revealed. We should investigate how to go
> about fixing it (without having to turn off the admin ui..).
>
> Is there a launchpad issue for this?

Don't know, I create one if not.

> What's a "try is transformed"? :)

Oops, sorry. It's a french expression : l'essai est transformé.  You
say it after a successful attempt. I don't know why I translated it to
broken english :).

> These non-Zope 3 modules are intended to fit into a Python application,
> or a Zope 3 application or a Zope 2 application?

Pure Python application for now.

> z3c.form integration, with simple usage for beginners, has been on the
> wishlist for a while. It'd be great if people could work on this. I
> think you are thinking in the right direction mentioning both 1/ and 2/
> - it should be simple with defaults, but the power should still be there.

Right.

>> - megrok.rdb
>> Facilitate SGBD data access, with or without SQLAlchemy.
>> Goal: simplification
>
> I'm using this now in a project, so I'll be working on this quite a bit
> (where needed) this month and next.

I'm glad to hear it.

> Any contributions are of course appreciated - discussion on this list.

Hmm, a bit younger to help you for coding, but I'm ok pour testing and feedback.

> Oh, uhh. I'm a core developer, but we have a few of them around here now. :)

Incredible! ;)

--
Seb