[Grok-dev] five.grok and grokcore.formlib

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Mon Aug 25 16:45:25 EDT 2008

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Sylvain Viollon wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>>   This week-end, I integrated five.grok and grokcore.formlib
>> together. I added some tests, and this looks to work. That's in the
>> same branch than the static resources work.
>>
>>   If you agree, I would like to merge that feature as well with the
>> trunk.
>
> The five.grok trunk right? I'm not in charge of that project, but I'm
> sure I speak for everyone when I say +1. :)
>
>  >   I saw as well that the grok package don't use yet grokcore.formlib,
>  > so I could contribute to switch that.
>
> We don't have a branch of Grok that does this? Hm, Philipp I take it is
> mountaineering in the alps, and he would know best about what's going on
> with this.

Yeah, sorry, I got swamped with uni worked so much that I never got
around to finishing that. And now I'm taking a break from work to relax
a bit. So before I dive into the Heart of Internet-Darkness, here's the
deal:

grokcore.formlib hasn't been released yet. The reason for that is that
it's lacking a proper README with proper documentation. I have high
standards for that, I don't like throwing releases out without proper
documentation. After all, those grokcore.* packages are meant to be
reused outside Grok. Without proper documentation, they're useless. Once
grokcore.formlib has proper docs and is released as 1.0, we can make the
grok trunk use it.

So one thing somebody could contribute would be a nice README for
grokcore.formlib, much like you could find in grokcore.component,
grokcore.security or grokcore.view. That would bring us a big step
forwad towards integrating grokcore.formlib into grok.