[Grok-dev] meet the Grok 1.0 release team
Brandon Craig Rhodes
brandon at rhodesmill.org
Tue Dec 2 23:45:02 EST 2008
Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> writes:
> Docstring project - Brandon Craig Rhodes
> Brandon is going to make sure our grokcore.* and grok and martian
> codebases are supplied with copious docstrings.
I have made a first pass at a simple file, the "src/grok/rest.py" file
in Grok trunk. Take a look at it, and feel free to complain about any
of the following "features" of my work:
- I made the changes in Grok trunk, rather than a branch, since they
- I aimed for PEP-8 style.
- In the comments, I try to indicate why each class is present, rather
than trying to explain how everything works. My goal is to help
newcomers find things more easily and understand what each component
does, not to explain how the actual code works.
- I have cleaned up all invisible whitespace, including blank lines at
the end of the file.
- I removed obsolete "import" statements.
- I allowed myself small code tweaks. For example, the _getAllow()
"for" loop was previously constructing a new list to iterate over
every time it was called; now it uses a tuple, which only gets
allocated once, when the program first runs.
- The docstrings use restructured text conventions, like surrounding
words in ``double back-ticks`` to indicate that they are literals.
There. I'll wait a day or so to field complaints about any of the above
practices before touching any further files. :-) And feel free to
complain about anything else that you see that I did that I forgot to
mention in this list!
Brandon Craig Rhodes brandon at rhodesmill.org http://rhodesmill.org/brandon
More information about the Grok-dev