[Grok-dev] 1.0 alpha release date

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Dec 11 09:30:12 EST 2008

Hey,

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
> Wichert Akkerman wrote:
[snip]
>> By there very nature alpha releases are not complete or stable, so I see
>> no problem if that works lands in between alpha1 and a later alpha2 or
>> beta1.
>
> I ask since Martijn's initial planning explicitly states his wish to
> have all these changes included in the alpha. That, and the fact that it
> is no small change.

I think it's fine to have multiple alphas where needed (say turning the
first beta into an alpha2). Let's not kill the momentum, indeed.

If we can get the WSGI support released with the first alpha that'll be
a big enough chunk to digest already.

It'd also be nice if we could get the grokcore.viewlet bits factored
out. Recently I remembered I also have a grokcore.site in my sandbox in
svn.zope.org that we should land as well.