[Grok-dev] having the user select a date

Luciano Ramalho luciano at ramalho.org
Thu Feb 7 20:01:49 EST 2008

It is really a sad state of affairs when a developer needing a decent
date widget needs to ask around for one.

IMHO, a minimum set of business-oriented widgets, including date,
datetime and e-mail, must be part of the standard Grok distro if we
want to be real contenders. And those widgets should be the defaults
for the corresponding fields, and not require any special wiring to
setup.

Yes, I believe we need an e-mail field, even if it is trivial to whip
up your own. It's just too common in web apps to be unavailable in the
most basic distro.

Regards,

Luciano

PS. Not all is lost, thougth. We do have DottedName, a field type that
I've always craved to have in my forms!!!