[Grok-dev] zope.app.securitypolicy -> zope.securitypolicy?

Kevin Teague kevin at bud.ca
Sat Feb 9 05:33:01 EST 2008

Looking over the svn logs, it looks like Grok moved from using
zope.app.securitypolicy to zope.securitypolicy last November. Grok was
still using the zope.app.securitypolicy egg though in versions.cfg and
setup.py, which then pulled in zope.securitypolicy through it's
install_requires dependency.

This appears like it may be causing problems on Windows (on IRC
Michael Haubenwallner said that his grok/trunk on Windows doesn't
work: "ImportError: No module named securitypolicy.role"). I wonder if
zc.buildout isn't pulling in install_requires dependencies properly?

I've just updated Grok on trunk so that it pulls in
zope.securitypolicy instead of zope.app.securitypolicy. Hopefully this
is an intended bug fix and I'm not missing something as to why Grok
still required zope.app.securitypolicy?

I've also updated the Permissions tutorial with a note about the
change, since it imported from zope.app.securitypolicy:

http://grok.zope.org/documentation/tutorial/permissions/granting-permissions