[Grok-dev] [website] Let's do content!

Sebastian Ware sebastian at urbantalk.se
Thu Jan 3 05:32:40 EST 2008

3 jan 2008 kl. 04.01 skrev Kevin Teague:

> Sebastian Ware wrote:
>>
>> I think How-To is more descriptive. I also like "recipe", provided
>> they are focused on code samples.
>>

> I agree, I've changed this back to How-To. I also thought about using
> "recipe" but our current content is more How-To oriented.
>
> It's actually possible to have two "How-To" folders in a PHC
> install, then
> we could duplicate the How-To content-type info and rename one to
> Recipe.

Maybe that will be a natural evolution at a later point.

> Hmm, we could also do the same with the Reference Manuals folder and
> have
> one named "Book" or "Big Tutorials" or something like that -
> although this
> could cause unexpected upgrade headaches, etc.
>

> Sebastian Ware wrote:
>>
>> I would prefer to keep the Grok Tutorial among the other tutorials. I
>> think it will be confusing if we mix reference and tutorial style
>> content in the reference manual.
>>

> Yes, if I put the Grok Tutorial into the Reference Manual folder I'd
> either
> have a custom template for the Grok PHC home page to properly
> display it as
> a tutorial, or perhaps I'll explore the option described above on my
> dev
> site a bit.

I think it is better to keep the tutorial with the tutorials to start
with. After all, it is a tutorial and I think most visitors would
expect to find the tutorial among the tutorials... I believe putting
it in the reference manual (even if it has it's own style) would be
confusing. :)

mvh Sebastian