[Grok-dev] Re: Grok site: changing "Learn" to "Documentation" in the main navigation

Sebastian Ware sebastian at urbantalk.se
Thu Jan 3 12:54:32 EST 2008

3 jan 2008 kl. 15.32 skrev Lennart Regebro:

> On Jan 3, 2008 3:21 PM, Wichert Akkerman <wichert at wiggy.net> wrote:
>> Do we want to emulate everyone else or try to find the best approach?
>
> When it's a matter of taste, we emulate.

Is this a joke?!? Why on earth don't we just copy an existing website?

This is one of the worst design experiences I have ever had. We spent
weeks about half a year ago discussing the design of the website on
this very mailing list only to find that it is all gradually being
changed during implementation. I haven't seen a single improvement,
just a slow and painful degradation... :(

If this is due to lack of leadership or lack of respect for other
peoples work, I don't know, but personally I am not very happy about it!

Having said that. This is a community effort and I'll just keep my
thoughts to myself from now on if this makes the process move forward.
This website has been delayed too long allready.

Mvh Sebastian