[Grok-dev] the website, nouns and verbs

Kevin Teague kevin at bud.ca
Thu Jan 3 17:50:13 EST 2008

Martijn Faassen-2 wrote:

> Here I'm proposing some decisions on nouns and verbs for the website.

+1

I like this idea of verbs on the home page going to custom introductory
pages and nouns in the navigation very much.

Martijn Faassen-2 wrote:

> The homepage needs to be more catchy. We definitely need the caveman in
> the title. We want to give an open, simple, playful impression, and I
> think we should watch out for enterprise-speak.
>
> We also need the caveman on the homepage. The caveman is at least half
> the reason for our success! Bring in the caveman! ME GROK WANT SEE
> CAVEMAN :)

ME GROK DEMAND CAVE BE ENTERPRISE GRADE!

ME GROK DEMAND MARTIJN WRITE SIMPLE, PLAYFUL TEXTS!

There are a couple folders hidden from navigation on the site, in particular
there is an 'images' folder where we should put Grok artwork assets for use
in different areas of the web site.

http://plone.grok.quintagroup.com/folder_contents

Martijn Faassen-2 wrote:

> Anyway, I'll go try see whether I can actually use Plone. Hm, I think I
> need some permissions, as I can't seem to see any actions. Also my home
> page doesn't appear to work. Help! :)

I've just given your account full access, and enabled the Preferences link
so that you can toggle your editing prefs between Kupu or ReST.