[Grok-dev] Getting 1.0 there

Luciano Ramalho luciano at ramalho.org
Fri Jan 4 08:54:33 EST 2008

On Jan 4, 2008 11:30 AM, Jan-Wijbrand Kolman <janwijbrand at gmail.com> wrote:
> A slightly belated "Happy New Year" to all!

Same here, JW!

> After my "call" for "Pushing for 1.0", I compiled a list of things I
> think we want to do before releasing Grok 1.0. I think we can conclude
> that we need to:
>
>    * Fix bugs listed on launchpad.
>
>    * Finish the reference documentation.
>
>    * Get the tutorials/howtos and install documentation up-to-date.
>
> Note that, to speak with Philipp von Weitershausen, we should aim for "a
> conservative 1.0 release" - looking at the three bullet points; there's
> enough work to do already anyway :)

If we adopt a conservative view of what Grok is, then a conservative
1.0 release is possible in the next one or two months. I have
something to say about that, but it belongs in another thread.

> Also note that, personally, I do not want to tie the release of Grok 1.0
> to the release of revamped Grok website.

+1

> If we do agree, the next steps I guess should be:
>
>    * Setting a release date
>
>    * Getting volunteers to work on the various tasks
>

> As I said before, I do have some time this week and next week to
> volunteer on tasks - do others have some time "open" to work on Grok
> too, to make January a realistic timeframe for the release?

January is the best month for me to do volunteer work, as it's the
height of Summer and traditionally nothing important happens before
Carnaval in Brazil.

Cheers,

Luciano