[Grok-dev] Re: what grok.JSON methods to publish?

Brandon Craig Rhodes brandon at rhodesmill.org
Fri Jan 4 13:03:36 EST 2008

Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> writes:

> I think indeed the default behavior should be disallow at least
> double underscores. Forbidding single underscores I'd also be fine
> with.

+1

I would strongly dislike having to put double-underscores in front of
my own methods and instance variables, thus making them look like
builtin behaviors, just to get them hidden.  A single underscore
should be sufficient, so that I can tell "things I'm hiding myself"
from "things I'm doing so that Python will special-case them."