[Grok-dev] Re: [grok-br] Grok 1.0 and beyond

Sebastian Ware sebastian at urbantalk.se
Sat Jan 5 05:11:54 EST 2008

5 jan 2008 kl. 02.24 skrev Martijn Faassen:

> Hey,

>>> Details? How are the Django admin interface or Archetypes better?
>>>
>> +1 on creating an awesome CRUD tool/admin interface.  I believe, if I
>> read Mark Ramm's blog correctly, that Turbogears is working on a CRUD
>> tool for SQLAlchemy.  It might be a great place to get some advice.
>> In a perfect world, it would be awesome of a reusable component was
>> developed that worked in or out of Grok.  I volunteer to help on the
>> CRUD tool, if you need help.
>
> I'm all for a CRUD tool, but what does such a CRUD tool entail? What's
> missing in Grok now, or too hard? I mean, we already can do quite a
> bit of CRUD with only a little bit of code. We have forms, we have
> indexes, etc. I know I sound like a broken record in this thread by
> now, but we do need some more specific input/feedback/criticism to
> have an idea on where people would want us to go?

I can't envision a CRUD tool to be delivered to the end user (let's
not compete with the frameworks who are going for the "entire
application generation" story). However, I have several times during
the development needed a tool were I could CRUD/Import/Export objects/
annotations/users/indexes... the ZMI was useful in that respect.

mvh Sebastian