[Grok-dev] Re: Documentation: Apache for Grok

daniel daniel.carraher at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 05:57:42 EST 2008

Sure,

I'm already registered so feel free to add permissions.
Not being a technical writer, I just did the best I could to write something
that would have helped me a lot. Also I'm not sure I made any attempt to
conform to a grok-style of documentation.

Right now it's up on google docs and anyone can edit it so people can go
ahead and make any changes they feel would help.
I think collaboration by allowing the community to submit documentation is a
very good idea and CMS is a great way to go. It becomes an even better
system if individuals can submit small changes to the documentation like
they can with code.

Is it ok if people submit documentation under a creative commons license? It
would seem to be ok to me.
What's a good attribution system to follow? Credits at the end with authors
and smaller contributors listed? Maybe i"ll explore the creative commons
website.

On Jan 4, 2008 9:21 AM, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:

> daniel.carraher at gmail.com wrote:
> > I've shared a document with you called "Documentation: Apache for Grok":
> > http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=ddj9827r_4fxmxp6nt&invite=dbsjnk9
> > <http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=ddj9827r_4fxmxp6nt&invite=dbsjnk9 >
> >
> > It's not an attachment -- it's stored online at Google Docs. To open
> > this document, just click the link above.
>
> > Martijn asked me to write something about putting Grok and Apache
> > together and share it here.
>
> Great and thank you very much!
>
> Would you be interested in getting an CMS account to our
> new-under-development Plone-based website so you can put up this
> document yourself?
>
> If not, let us know too. We'll do it ourselves then. :)
>
> Regards,
>
> Martijn

-- Daniel

--