Grok Widgets / Fields (Was Re: [Grok-dev] Re: [grok-br] Grok 1.0 and beyond)

Dirceu Pereira Tiegs dirceutiegs at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 12:23:20 EST 2008

On Jan 5, 2008 9:40 AM, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
> Hi there,

Hello Martijn,

> I think the best way to improve the widget story is to have a group of
> people do something about it.

+1

I volunteer to help with that, I have some (night) time until 11/02.

For an initial TODO list we have:

 * Widgets/fields/validation for email addresses, postal codes, URLs,
date / time, more?

 * Look at Martin Aspeli's kupu/formlib integration
(http://svn.plone.org/svn/plone/plone.app.form/branches/plip200-kupu-widget);

 * Look at collective.namedfile
(http://pypi.python.org/pypi/collective.namedfile);

 * Look at the tinymce-based widget from JW Kolman / Martijn Faasen;

 * Look at z3c.form and see if it is the best approach.

Anyone knows more ready-to-use widgets we can integrate with Grok, or
have more ideias for widgets / fields?

> What about a megrok.widgets? It would
> contain fields and widgets. These could
> be newly defined fields and widgets. It can also depend on existing
> packages that define these things, and would in that case only
> harmonize them by providing them in uniform import locations. Finally
> this project would need to document what's available, and common usage
> patterns.

+1, but I agree with Wichert: the widgets should not be grok-specific.
We could work on improving / creating new widgets and only use
megrok.widgets to provide an uniform import location.

Cheers,
--
Dirceu Pereira Tiegs
Weimar Consultoria