[Grok-dev] Caveman style articles

Noah Gift noah.gift at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 08:07:06 EST 2008

On Jan 8, 2008, at 4:16 AM, Aroldo Souza-Leite wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> just in case somebody overlooked this article, like I almost did:
>
> http://www.oreillynet.com/onlamp/blog/2008/01/wilfz_what_i_learned_from_zope_1.html
>

> Let's call it an article written in the genuine Caveman style.
> Perhaps one needs to have worked as a bouncer to learn this
> straightforward language. Hey, Noah, can you give us a few hints?
While I was an undergrad, I had to take Organic Chemistry over the
summer, and I needed money.  I got a job during day at the library in
the collections and development department, and at night I worked as a
bouncer.  It was really a strange summer getting into scraps and
coming home covered in blood and beer at times, and then showering up
to work at the library, and then finally off to lab for a few
experiments.

Mike Orr looks pretty tough, I think he should do a Caveman style
article:  http://linuxgazette.net/115/orr.html  I have CC'd him.  I
think he would look good in a caveman suite.

> Shouldn't the Grok site have a place with links to selected Caveman
> style articles like this one?

That might be some clever marketing to have a Caveman style section.
It also seems like a good idea to aggregate Grok related blog feeds
into a page on the main grok website like Django is doing here:  http://www.djangoproject.com/community/

I used the Google AJAX Feed API to aggregate RSS feeds on my home
page, link in my sig line, and it was trivial:  http://code.google.com/more/#label
=Featured&product=ajaxfeed

Also doing a regular blog from the core developers would be good for
business too I suspect.