[Grok-dev] Re: Liberty League International, Internet Marketing; The New Frontier

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue Jan 8 13:58:03 EST 2008

Hi there,

Tres Seaver wrote:
> Sebastian Ware wrote:
>
>> Can someone put Freud on this guy... :)
>
> The jerk is joining and spamming all the Zope mailing lists.  I've just
> switched "new member moderation" on for this list, as well as for the
> other target lists.
>
> That will mean that the moderators need to approve the initial post from
> any new member, at which time the member becoes unmoderated.

Thanks, but...

...who is our moderator? Philipp?

This is quite terrible. We definitely don't want any bottlenecks
concerning new member postings! I consider even a short delay
problematic, and a longer delay would be a major problem! It's
especially important with new members to give them quick feedback. We
don't want to lose new users and this is a good way to do that... What
if the moderator check this for a couple of days? :(

The alternative I can see would be to block any new spammer after the
fact, as soon as we notice them. This will let some spam messages
through, which also sucks in a major way.

Ideas? Does mailman allow the creation of a lot of moderators? Should we
set up a duty roster?