[Grok-dev] Re: Grok Widgets / Fields (Was Re: Re: [grok-br] Grok 1.0 and beyond)

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Jan 10 07:47:45 EST 2008

Noah Gift wrote:

>> P.S.: The ones considering some Ajax for forms should take a look at
>> z3c.formjs as well.
>
> I am preparing an AJAX tutorial for the Google API's today and
> screencasting too it hopefully, with the help of our local Plone group.
> Does it make sense to have an "AJAX" section for Grok?  It is great for
> people to know, oh, AJAX is easy with Grok, even though it may seem
> obvious to many people.

Basic AJAX, with either innerHTML or JSON is easy with Grok. It doesn't
have anything to do with z3c.formjs though. It's just that the server
can (of course) generate HTML, and with grok.JSON, JSON is also easy.
This needs to be far better documented than it is now, so I'm happy to
see your efforts there!

We also have early-stage KSS integration. We need to polish this off,
improve it, and document it everywhere. This is potentially very powerful.